Monday, August 27, 2007

Shrimp Trio...er...Duo!



Inspired by a back episode of Top Chef, i decided to make a diet friendly shrimp trio. Unfortunately, the shrimp cocktail didn't make it into the photo. But do you really need a recipe for shrimp cocktail anyways? Yeah, i didn't think so. These are Weight Watchers recipes and i have to say, they were DELICIOUS and super light too!

Chile Caribbean Shrimp Skewers
First up shrimp skewers. These were really simple to prepare and cook. I made them on my stove top in a grill pan. I don't know if i used too much red pepper flakes or what, but when i put these suckers in my hot grill pan, i couldn't stop coughing. Thank goodness they were only in the pan for just a few short minutes. They were done in a flash and extremely flavorful.

Next up, a PHENOMENAL fried rice.
Thai rice with pineapple and shrimp
I'm not really a fried rice kind of girl, but how can you go wrong with pineapple and shrimp Thai fried rice? I AM a sucker for just about anything Thai. ;) This recipe did not disappoint, the flavors were light and fresh and made a perfect pairing to the spicy shrimp skewers. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I love love love this rice. Even if you aren't watching your figure, you should totally try this recipe out. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, Shrimp... makes me think of Forrest Gump!

BTW... not sure if you are into the meme thing, but I've tagged you!

Jen and Pete said...

hey! you need to update!!