Friday, June 15, 2007

Doesn't this look good?


I mean, really good?

Well, it didn't taste very good. poo. This was my first and probably ONLY attempt at Spaghetti Carbonara. I found this recipe Spaghetti Carbonara II halved it, made it exactly as written, and it turned out super bland, like it was totally missing something.

I was impressed by the egg being cooked by the heat of the pasta, but my hubby, not so much. His assessment, it tastes like breakfast, and not in a good way. Ouch. I don't even think we finished it. It was lousy, i can't recommend this one, but it was a pretty picture. ;)

3 comments:

Chic Ink Designs said...

The Plates are really pretty though. Love the stripes :)

That Girl said...

You can do Carbonara, I believe in you. Try this recipe, its tried, tested, and true. AND it doesn't have egg! Can't go wrong:

*2 packages Uncle Ben's Garlic & Butter Rice
*10 oz bacon, 1 inch sliced
*1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
*1 garlic clove, minced
*1 cup heavy cream
*1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed and drained
*2 oz parmesan cheese, shaved
*3 green onions thinly sliced

1) Cook rice according to directions
2) Cook bacon until crisp, drain off all but 2 Tbsp of drippings. Season chicken with salt and pepper, add chicken. Saute until seared on all sides
3) Add garlic and cream; simmer until it begins to thicken. Add peas, continue to cook until peas are heated through. Stir in enough cheese to thicken to sauce consistency.
4) Serve over rice; garnish with onion, top with cheese

Jamie said...

I want those plates!