Saturday, January 12, 2008

Oh-oh-oh

OREO TRUFFLES!



I was looking for something special for my new years eve party dessert table, my friend Cristina pointed me in the direction of the Kraft Foods website and their kick ass truffles.

Easy OREO Truffles

This recipe was so easy to do, i've made truffles in the past and well this recipe is so much easier then any other truffle recipe i've come across.

The recipe states to mix cookie crumbs and cream cheese in a bowl until well blended. This proved to a be a bit of a challenge, so i flung my spoon to the side and just dove in and squished to my heart's delight! In a snap, the truffle filling was done.

The hardest part was making the truffle balls small enough, i tend to make BIG cookies; but big truffles are a no-no. So i had to roll, then pinch and re-roll the truffles to make them bite-sized.



The texture was rich and dense and chocolaty, the perfect little decadent treat to help ring in the new year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cousin recently introduced these to me. I was skeptical at first since I am not a big fan of oreos, but they were actually really good!

Anonymous said...

These look good!

Anonymous said...

I found this recipe also a few weeks back but have yet to make them. One thing I was going to try was to smoke the oreos first for a different type of flavor.