Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oh Boya!


Goya's ad campaign ages ago was "Goya, oh boya!" And what can i say, it stuck, every time i think Goya, i think 'OH BOYA!' <--- v. enthusiastically, natch!

So when i went looking for a good authentic ropa veija recipe, i hit up Goya's website and clicked on 'Celebrate Hispanic Heritage with Recipes Full of Flavor' and viola, found exactly what i was looking for:

Ropa Vieja

Ropa vieja is a Cuban shredded meat stew, and after reading the recipe, i figured this recipe would work in the crock pot. So i threw in everything in my crock pot and let it cook all day long. In the evening, i just took out the meat, shredded it, stirred it back in the pot, let it sit for about 20 minutes, then served it up with maduros and white rice.

Mmmm mmm, ropa vieja is one of my fave things to order at Cuban restaurants, and i never thought i'd actually be able to make it at home with ease. But with this recipe, it was easy peasy.

Delish and easy, you know i have to go there... OH BOYA! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ropa vieja. My absolute favorite cuban dish. I have been EXTREMELY nervous about making it myself, though (since I'm incredibly American and hate the thought of screwing up a latin dish). Thanks to your blog, I'll definitely give this one a try.
:-)

Oh_mama said...

YUM! and I'd kill for some maduros raynao!!