Friday, September 19, 2008

An Axe to GRIND


This salt grinder is the biggest piece of shit!

I was cooking Broccoli with Lemon-Garlic Crumbs for dinner, i steamed the broccoli, toasted the panko, zested the lemon, tossed it all together and grabbed the salt. Instead of giving me the usual 1/4 twist, before i need to shake and readjust, the whole damned top popped off and dumped a ton of sea salt into the broccoli mixture.

Boy was i pissed. I kinda salvaged it, no not really. I had to rinse it and pluck the waterlogged broccoli out of the panko and... crap, i can't even write 'enjoyed it' here, cause all i wanted to do was finish dinner, take a picture of the disaster and post how pissed i am with this crappy product.

But of course, after dinner i snapped the photo, sat down, got about two lines in, and got pulled away by reality tv. Funny how things work out, my bff Jill came over the next day and sat at my laptop and said, "Omg is this your blog post, cause i have the same salt grinder and i hate it!" Psht, join the club!

Or better yet, heed my advice and stay far far away from this terrible salt grinder. ;)

2 comments:

Oh_mama said...

Grinders of all shapes and sizes suck. I imagine I need to spend $100 to get a "good" one. lol. We got a $25 one from C&B...it, too, sucks and is broken. *sigh*

Jackie said...

Oh this has happened to us too, many a times! DH sells them, so we use them quite often (all sorts of flavors). I have gotten into the habit of securing them before I even take off the top.