Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fabulous Chicken




I've eaten ALOT of chicken in my lifetime, enough to not get excited about chicken...ever. I don't order it when i go out, and i have only recently built up a small repertoire of chicken recipes i actually do enjoy at home. So if i wrote out my short list of chicken recipes, this would be at the top of the list with hearts dotting the i's.

Pistachio Crusted Chicken

I've made these for a crowd, i've made these just for us, every single time, this chicken is a hit! So easy, so tasty! The pistachios really add a nice flavor to the chicken. I just love using the honey mustard as a binder instead of an egg, it also adds a subtle layer of flavor.

For a less messy way of making these, i have prepped the chicken strips and left them in a zip lock bag with the honey mustard combo for a couple of hours. Then when i was ready, i took the strips and put them in another zip lock bag that had the crumbs and nuts in it. Just a quick shake and they are ready to be thrown on a prepared baking pan.

I serve it with a strawberry or raspberry sauce, which is just seedless jam and red wine vinegar stirred together and nuked in the micro till warm.

Give this fabulous dish a try, then come back and tell me how much you loved it! ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chicken looks great and I have to try your strawberry sauce, sounds exotic:-)
X Matin

*ccc* said...

Droolworthy. I'm honored to have been one of your guinea pigs with this one.

it. is. fabulous. (As are you!)

Unknown said...

I puffy heart this chicken, thanks for the recipe!!!