Monday, March 17, 2008

Chicken Cordon Bleu


Remember when Bridget Jones served her dinner guests BLUE SOUP?! I had vivid flashbacks when i made my Chicken Cordon Bleu. See, i ran out of regular toothpicks and ended up securing my chicken with party tooth picks. lol.

I actually didn't even want to make it, but i rattled off a bunch of ways to prepare chicken for dinner, and my hubby decided on Chicken Cordon Bleu.

So i went looking for a SIMPLE recipe and wasn't exactly finding what i needed. So i did it on the fly!

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Chicken Breast, pounded thin
s/p
Ham
Baby Swiss Cheese
Breadcrumbs
Pam

Preheat oven to 350, season chicken breast with s/p (easy on the salt, the ham is salty), place a slice of ham and cheese on top of chicken breast, roll, secure with toothpicks, roll in seasoned breadcrumbs, place on baking sheet, spray with pam, bake for about 30 mintues or until cooked through.

Super simple and tasty, but try to skip the party toothpicks. ;)

No comments: