Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Whole Roasted Chicken

A whole chicken with bones is something that i just always blow right past while grocery shopping. I know this is a weekly staple in many, many households but for some reason, this simple dish just intimidated me. So i started telling everyone i'm making a roasted chicken, i emailed my mom who was vacationing out of the country, i told my grandmother, anyone who could listen, I'M DOING IT, I'M MAKING A WHOLE CHICKEN! lol.

With everyone waiting on pins and needles to find out how the chicken turned out, i proceeded to defrost it (it took 2 days to defrost) and started looking for just the right recipe to initiate me into the 'Roasted Chicken Maker Club'.

The whole roasted chicken was unbelieveably easy to prepare, the worst part was patting dry the cavity of the chicken after rinsing. *My hubby carved (THIS was the part that would have REALLY freaked me out, i don't do well with bones).

I used this recipe and it turned out great, not sticky, but still delicious!

Roast Sticky Chicken-Rotisserie Style

While the recipe was great, it was way too much chicken for just us, so roasted chicken is a good one if we are having guests. Especially since the oven does all the work, the prep was quick and easy, the flavor options are endless and the end product is juicy and delicious!


When i took the chicken out of the oven to set aside to rest, i threw in some fresh broccoli into the drippings and put it back in the oven as detailed in this recipe.

Broccoli in Roast Chicken Drippings

By the time the chicken was ready to carve, the roasted broccoli was finished, and it made one fabulous meal!

No comments: