Monday, October 1, 2007

Turkey Picadillo


Picadillo is a staple in any Cuban home. My friend Christy shot me a link to a lightened up version of the traditional favorite. She actually shared with the a lightened up version of a Cuban Feast. This one is bookmarked, as i want to try to take on boliche...someday! Cuban Feast Makeover

As i was making it, i realized for our tastes, i needed to make some changes to the recipe. I made some slight alterations and popped it into the weight watchers recipe builder and viola!

Turkey Picadillo



This was delicious and deceptively light. You couldn't even tell that i used ground turkey instead of ground beef. As you are cooking it, you can figure out if you like it soupy. Personally, i like it a little soupier then dry. If you like it drier, just keep simmering away. No matter how you make it, this is a must try. Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

MHQ said...

I <3 turkey picadillo but I like mine dry. ;) Yours looks yum, yum!

Thistlemoon said...

Those olives look so good! I have never had picadillo but I have seen a lot of recipes for it lately! I am going to have to try it, soon!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!